Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week 8: Twitter Reflection

My Twitter Reflection

During this semester, I have learned quite a bit about technology and social networking. One on the social networks that this course required was Twitter. Since I hardly ever used technology, Twitter was something I had to struggle with until it clicked for me. Twitter allowed me to connect with many other educators to discuss varying educational topics. Twitter ultimately made my profession easier by researching helpful hints and tips.

Twitter has been great for many things. It has allowed me to broaden my mindset on technology in the classroom. It has allowed me to view different perspective from many different educators coming from either similar or different backgrounds from me. I have learned that Twitter can not only be used for professional development, but also as a way to communicate with parents and students. Since Twitter has such a user friendly interface that documenting or contacting people is simple.

Twitter is a great way to engage students and interact with parents. Twitter also allows parents to see what is happening in the classroom. Today's education is currently undergoing a technology facelift, and students are loving it. Twitter is a great social network and I am believe that more teachers need to hop on the tweeting bandwagon!

_________________________________________________________________________

1 Helpful Hashtag (#)
One hashtag search that helped me a lot was #EdTech.

2 Personal Tweets

Twitter is great for involving parents in classroom discussions! Everyone can learn now! #EdTech

3 Helpful Tweeters 

No comments:

Post a Comment